Remarks of 2019 AGM by our new Chair Yvonne Kuan
The Annual General Meeting was held on 7 March at the British High Commissioner’s Residence. The outgoing Chairman, William Martin, spoke fondly of his tenure leading the BBBF and participating in its many informative and very interesting events. A vote was held to appoint the new Chair, Yvonne Kuan, who is the first local women to hold the position. Yvonne is the Managing Director of Cedar Brunei and said during the evening “I am delighted to be voted Chair of the BBBF, I am really looking forward to working with the Committee and our Members on my vision for the forum at such an exciting time”. The Committee voted in the new Treasurer, Siva Rajah and Jay Santhanam as the new Board Secretary, both from Laksamana Collage. In his absence, it was noted that the outgoing Secretary, Pg Aki, made a great contribution.
2019/2020 Executive Committee
· Chair: Yvonne Kuan
· Secretary: Jayarajoo Santhanam
· Treasurer: Siva Subramniam
· Events: Rob Tunnell and Cheng Yee Man
· Website: Ambrose Nathan and Charles Ting
General Committee: Delon Hon and Dr. Colin Ong
· Both Natalie Gowers-Barnes and Siti Mahmud of the High Commission sat on the Committee, adding real value with ever helpful advice as well as with contacts which has relieved some of the pressure in organising our events.